Calendar - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register Now' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
CMTRA Fall Colors Dirt Bike Ride
Saturday, October 7, 2023, 9:30 AM until 5:00 PM
Registration is required
Ride safe, wear proper safety gear, and have your dirt bike in good shape. This is not a race!!! There will be other users on ALL the trails. Be courteous to all users you meet on the trails. Represent your CMTRA club in good fashion!
Registration cancellations will be accepted
Get out and Ride!!!
Gather your riding friends and go have some fun on Saturday, 7 October 2023.
Here's our proposed riding loop:
- Start at Phantom Creek trailhead off County Rd 51 (Cedar Mountain road) northwest of Divide.
- Ride 717 to 360, then 360A to Cedar Mnt Rd (County 51).
- Ride up the road to 202.1A over to Truman's Rock.
- Follow 733 to 732 to 734 to 737 to 895 to Cedar Mtn rd to Hackett's sign.
- Follow Cedar Mtn rd to Metberry sign, then down to Platte River on Metberry. Have lunch there.
- Return up Metberry and then Cedar Mtn rd to Hackett's sign.
- Ride 731 to 735 to Cnty rd 33 junction.
- Cross the road and take 717 up the hill, and back down to Cnty rd 33, ride the old New England section or bypass it if plated, and finish on 717 back to the Phantom Creek trailhead.
Scavenger hunt points are:
- Phantom Creek Trailhead sign
- Truman's Rock overlook
- Hackett's Gulch sign
- Metberry Gulch sign
- Platte River at the end of Metberry Gulch
A GPX file will be sent with the club email announcing this ride. We'll also include some maps in that email. You can use those to figure out the trails. For those who are familiar with the area, they may choose to ride any number of optional routes to get to the scavenger hunt points.
Most of this ride is moderate, but some of the sections on 733, 732, 734, and 737 are pretty rocky and have some ascents and descents that may be troublesome for beginners.
Most of the ride, except for Metberry, should be free of SxS drivers, but Metberry can be dangerous. Riders must be aware of potential oncoming traffic at every blind corner to avoid collisions.
Sign up and earn some club points for doing the ride and getting a photo at each of the scavenger hunt locations. Send your photos to an Executive Team member and we'll post your photos on our webpage.
Initial meeting time at the trailhead is 0930, Saturday, 7 Oct 2023. However, you can set your own times if desired. This is not an organized ride, just a way to get out and put in some miles.